Maplewood of Cheshire County is looking for a part-time Recreational Aide. This position is responsible for assisting the residents with recreational activities and nonprofessional services within the scope of the residents’ care plans.
-Facilitating programs, including bowling, movies, bingo, cooking, arts & crafts, holiday and special party groups, mini bus rides, shopping, luncheons and musical and social functions in and outside the facility.
-Adapting activities to the resident’s current abilities.
-Implementing projects, outside wheeling or walking, and assisting with one-on-one sensory and tactile awareness to meet the Activity Department’s 1 to 1 visit policy.
Part-time position: 16 hours per week including Saturdays
- The ability to plan and lead both individual and group programs is required.
- Must have initiative and be self-directed.
- Knowledge of various activities for geriatric nursing home residents helpful.
- A familiarity with computers is preferred.
- Arts and crafts and/or music background a plus.
- Must agree to comply with all facility policies.
- Must attend mandatory in-services
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply in person at Maplewood Nursing Home, 201 River Road, Westmoreland, NH, 03467. Contact Suzanne Hodgkins in Human Resources at 399-7317 for more information.