Cheshire County Department of Corrections is seeking (3) Corrections Officers for full-time positions with rotating shifts.
The Corrections Officers are responsible for the care, custody and control of adult offenders.
Responsibilities may include some and/or all of the following:
• Supervising all inmate activities to ensure a safe and secure environment.
• Processing incoming inmates – completes intake paperwork on computer, issues
clothing, does fingerprinting, and takes photographs.
• Advising inmates on correctional facility rules and regulations and enforcing them.
• Maintaining control room and dayroom logs.
• Answering phones, communicating by radio and by written correspondence.
• Clearing all visitors with regard to safety and security.
• Inspecting cells, living areas, common areas, multi-purpose rooms and physical plant
for security breaches and hygiene standards.
• Transporting inmates both inside and outside of the facility.
• Conducting armed transports of pre-trial inmates.
• Maintaining inmate order, discipline, safety and security.
• Conducting inmate counts.
• Using physical intervention techniques to subdue out of control
• Utilizing handcuffs, restraints and other correctional-related equipment.
Must have a High School education or equivalent, a valid driver’s license and pass an approved background check. The successful candidates must be able to pass Group II physical fitness and psychological standards and eventually meet correctional officer certification standards in order to remain employed. We offer an excellent benefits package.
Interested candidates should complete an employment application and send to Amy Byam, Standards & Code Compliance Officer, CCDOC, 825 Marlboro Road, Keene, NH 03431 or email to email@example.com