Cheshire County Government, New Hampshire, is looking for a full-time Information Technology Specialist with broad skills to support our mission of availability and business continuity. This position reports to the IT Director and involves managing all network, server, workstation, telephone, and office automation systems in all County departments. Your mission will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs properly and efficiently.
• Performing and documenting the maintenance and management of all software, hardware, and networks.
• Monitoring the availability of all systems and responding to security or usability concerns.
• Troubleshooting operational issues rapidly to restore production systems.
• Managing the setup, installation, and operation of new and existing workstations.
• Responding to user assistance requests.
Other duties include supporting interaction with vendors and service providers; implementing network programming, wiring, and patch panel management; maintaining inventory; and participating in research and development projects. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role and you must be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. Time management is required to prioritize and complete assigned tasks. You should have the patience to communicate with others having different levels of technical skill. This is not primarily a help-desk position. There is significant opportunity to learn on the job to enhance a solid knowledge of the basics.
Knowledge and experience:
• An associate’s degree in an IT field or equivalent knowledge of computer and network operations.
• Knowledge of Windows Server administration, virtualization (Hyper-V), and enterprise-class hardware.
• Experience administering Windows desktop systems in a domain environment.
• Knowledge of data system networking, LAN/WAN, firewall operation, and managing devices using both GUI and CLI interfaces.
• One to three years of hands-on experience in a business environment is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the IT Department, 12 Court Street Room 155, Keene, NH 03431 or contact Robert Hummel, IT Director, at 603-355-3034. EOE