Cheshire County is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time IT Specialist position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:*
- Ensures availability of all County data and telephone resources, computer-based services, and LAN/WAN operation including network and servers.
- Installs and configures all computer and telephone related equipment; sets up users on server with appropriate rights.
- Maintains and administers users on the data/phone network, including e-mail and voice mail.
- Responds to user requests for hardware and software assistance both in person and over the phone.
- Provides preventive maintenance on all network equipment; troubleshoots and repairs both hardware and software problems; maintains written reports of all problems.
- Documents procedures used to resolve processes.
- Provides maintenance of all software and upgrades.
- Assists with computer cable wiring.
- Verifies successful daily unattended backup and maintains tape drives; restores files for users, as needed.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of all equipment.
- Maintains computer supply inventory; reorders inventory as necessary.
- Administers portions of the County’s web pages.
- Builds database applications for departments and performs other computer related special project work, as needed.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information.SKILLS/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED:
Duties require knowledge of computer science equivalent to completion of an Associate’s degree and one to three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of computer/telephone hardware and software systems.
Knowledge of Windows operating systems in desktop and server environments.
Knowledge of data system networking and protocols and principles of LAN/WAN operation.
Ability to function as a team member to support departmental goals.
Ability to use simple tools and electronic test and diagnostic equipment necessary for routine maintenance and repair of hardware.
Ability to work well in a collaborative environment, deal professionally with diverse personalities, and handle projects in a productive manner.
Ability to be resourceful, work with minimal supervision, and manage time effectively to ensure that all deadlines are met.
Ability to manage priorities in both routine and emergent situations.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to establish positive public relations for the County; and to interact effectively with a wide variety of people including vendors and outside support personnel.
Ability to troubleshoot quickly to determine networking or software configuration problems.
Ability to communicate to non-technical staff in an effective, non-threatening manner.