Cheshire County Department of Corrections is looking for a Full-Time LPN or RN
We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package!
Hours:, Mon-Fri hours are a combination of days and evenings
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager and/or the Medical Services Coordinator, responsible for providing professional nursing care to residents and/or inmates within the scope of administrative guidelines and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Checks resident/inmate charts and daily schedules for specific treatment and medication orders; carries out or assigns duties to other personnel.
- Makes rounds, checks and give medications and treatments; performs other professional services as ordered or required.
- Gives emergency treatment when required; notifies supervisor of emergency and carries out physician orders.
- May accompany physician on rounds and assist with examinations and treatments.
- Notifies supervisor and/or physician of changes in inmate/resident conditions and any unusual or abnormal observations.
- SKILLS/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED
- Duties require knowledge of nursing equivalent to completion of an Associate’s degree in Nursing and one to three years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse by the State of New Hampshire.
- Knowledge in the theories and practice of nursing, especially in assessing physical and emotional needs and providing emergency care.
- Ability to be empathetic when dealing with a variety of resident/inmate health concerns.
- Ability to be detail oriented and handle multiple tasks.