Under the supervision of the Cook Supervisor, responsible for assisting with preparing food in accordance with standardized recipes, planned menus, and special diet orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains high standards of sanitation in food handling, storage, and the work environment.
- Set-up and keep stocked Staff Dining Deli/Salad Bar and Beverages.
- Sees that supplies are obtained from storage areas prior to meal production. Uses only approved substitutions.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of all food served, following standard recipes and special diet orders. Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that quality, temperature and appearance of food is preserved.
- May direct and assist in daily and scheduled cleaning duties of the department. Sees that department complies with established sanitary standards.
- Monitor Inmate Tray line to insure portion and special diet accuracy.
- Monitors Inmate Kitchen Work Crews including Knife Cabinet sign in/out and Inmate Restroom check 3 times daily.
Interested candidates should stop into CCDOC and complete and application or send resume to dnason@co.Cheshire.nh.us