Maplewood of Cheshire County Administration Department is hiring a Part-Time Receptionist at the Nursing Home. Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant, this person is responsible for answering and directing telephone calls and welcoming Maplewood Nursing Home visitors.
Job Functions – include but not limited to:
- Answers and routes incoming telephone calls, takes messages, offers information, or directs calls to appropriate Nursing Home staff, as necessary. Overhead pages when necessary.
- Greets Maplewood Nursing Home visitors; directs them to the appropriate location.
- Responds to general inquiries concerning Nursing Home activities and operations per established policies and procedures; is familiar with emergency procedures.
- Sorts and places U.S. mail in appropriate mailboxes, labels newspapers for residents, accepts and labels packages from various delivery services and notifies recipients.
- Handles Resident cash and charge slip transactions, petty cash, and stamp, candy, & raffle sales.
- Greets new admissions and notifies departments and staff of new arrivals, prepares resident I.D. bands, and tracks admissions, discharges, room changes for reception desk reference.
- Distributes keys for Nursing Home automobiles; maintains related logs and schedules.
- Uses computer for in-house email, work orders, and meeting room and vehicle schedules.
- Distributes pay envelopes to employees.
- Performs other related duties as required, including tasks for other Maplewood departments.
Interested candidates should complete on-line application or email resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org