Maplewood of Cheshire County is looking for a Ward Aide.
Full-Time Shift: 7:00am – 3:00pm, and every other weekend.
Working under the Staff Nurse, the Ward Aide is responsible for assisting both residents and staff with non-direct resident care activities.
Duties include the following:
- Prepares dining room for meals.
- Ensures adaptive equipment is available for residents.
- Serves meal trays, assists with tray preparation, removes trays after meals.
- Completes Appetite Records.
- Clears dining room after meals.
- Reports appetites less than 25% to nursing staff.
- Returns food carts to kitchen area.
- Makes beds, changes sheets, gets resident rooms in order.
- Ensures cleanliness of pantry, dayroom, and refrigerators.
- Transports residents to and from their rooms for activities and meals.
- Performs personal services for residents, including: reading, writing letters and operating tvs and radios.
Must be dependable and able to relate to, and work with, the elderly, ill, disabled, and at times, emotionally upset/hostile people within the facility. Must be able to create/maintain an atmosphere of personal interest, warmth and positivity as well as a calm environment.
Interested candidates should contact Suzanne Hodgkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (603)399-7317.