"Where positive Correctional theory becomes positive Correctional practice."
Our department’s prime goal is the operation of a safe, humane facility that provides programs and services that afford inmates opportunities for positive change. The department will provide correctional services that will do the following:
- Protect society by preventing escape from custody through the establishment of suitable physical and procedural safeguards.
- Provide clean, safe, and environmentally healthy living conditions for all inmates according to applicable law and regulation while using a predetermined classification plan.
- Provide opportunities for training and treatment programs, including academic and counseling programs that offer inmates the opportunity for positive personal change.
- Provide an environment that protects inmates from victimization within the facility.
- Operate a system that provides all necessary due process and other legal safeguards.