Located on a scenic hilltop overlooking the Connecticut River in historic Westmoreland, NH, we are a 150 bed intermediate and skilled level nursing facility with a specialized behavioral management unit. Maplewood is owned and operated by the Cheshire County government, as a non-profit facility dedicated to meeting the skilled nursing needs of residents of Cheshire County. Whether for short term rehabilitation or a long term stay, Maplewood Nursing Home offers a significant continuum of care and variety of resources to meet residents’ needs. At Maplewood, we stress high levels of customer service and resident quality of life with a wide range of activities and therapies suited to the diverse needs of our residents.
Kathy Moreland – Receptionist
Our Services Include:
- 150 bed facility with all 150 beds Medicare and NH Medicaid licensed.
- Medicare, Part A and Part B, Medicaid, Private-pay, and third-party insurance accepted,
- Nurse Practitioner & Physician services contracted with Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Keene.
- Rehab Services include fulltime on-site physical therapy, occupational therapy, activities department and speech language pathology, as well as contracts for dance movement therapy, recreational therapy, and an offering of alternative therapies, including aromatherapy and Reiki.
- Cosmetologist/beautician services and Salon.
- Visiting chaplain services and on-site Chapel.
- Visiting specialist services include dentistry, podiatry, optometry, and geropsychiatry.
- Registered Dietitian available to assist with special diets, nutritional concerns, menu planning, and other resident needs.
- Adult day care (up to 12 hours/day).
- Respite care (24 hours up to 2 weeks) (Medicaid eligible
- Environmental Services Department maintains cleanliness in all residential areas and common areas. We clean each day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- Laundry Services collects and processes all soiled linens daily. In an average year, this amounts to between 500,000 and 600,000 pounds of laundry. We provide clean laundry each day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
- A 4-week menu cycle with frequent specials includes themed meals and barbecues, and is updated seasonally.
There are four resident nursing units to meet the functional needs of residents. Assistance with daily living functions, medication administration, and medical treatments are provided 24 hours a day by qualified nursing assistants, licensed practical nurses and registered nurses. Each resident’s care is directed by an RN Nurse Manager.
Intermediate Care (ICF) provides basic living services as well as providing medical care.
Skilled Nursing Level (SNF) provides services for those residents requiring advanced technological services such as intravenous therapy; complex services such as wound care; or patient teaching to return home. SNF is a Medicare certified program, paying 100% for the first 20 days and a portion of the bill for the succeeding 80 days per benefit period.
Respite Care services provide respite for care givers from 24 hours, up to 14 days. Residents under this service receive the same level of care as other residents living at Maplewood. Respite care at Maplewood is certified to receive Medicaid.
Therapeutic Living Center (TLC) provides a flexible therapeutic environment for people whose behavior may affect their well being or the well being of others. Individualized care plans are developed to meet behavior and physical needs.
Adult Day Care Services can also be provided onsite at Maplewood, although space is limited. Adult day care clients are fully integrated with Maplewood’s resident activities schedule, and all needed meals are provided. This service is available from one to seven days a week, from 6 to 12 hours per day. At this time, adult day care at Maplewood is available for private pay clients.
Members of the Nursing Staff